This morning I woke up to the wonderful surprise of being nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Stephanie Chen! You should definitely go check out her blog; it’s upbeat, adorable, and always fun to read. I’ve seen this award around a few times, but I never knew what it was. I found out that its an award that gets passed to bloggers with less than 200 followers. It’s a really cute way to motivate bloggers by letting them know that they’re being noticed, as well as introducing new blogs to our readers and discovering new ones ourselves. We also get to know a little bit about the person behind the blog, which is always nice!
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award onto and link them in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- No tag-backs!
- What inspired you/why are you writing a blog? I’ve always loved to write and share my ideas with others. I really wanted to find something that I could write about on a consistent basis and share with others who had the same interests I did. It was sort of natural that it would be a beauty blog, because I absolutely love trying/reviewing new products, as well as learning about new ones to try from others.
- What is your favourite past time? My favourite is spending time with my family and friends.
- What is your one true wish (come on, don’t be embarrassed)? To live a happy, healthy, and fulfilled life.
- What can you never help splurging (cash or otherwise) on? All types of makeup, of course. If I had to be really specific though, eye and lip products are my weakness!
- What is your favourite Season/weather? Summer. I live in Canada, so it seems like a good deal of our lives are spent hiding from the cold.. I love being able to go outside without a jacket, and warm summer nights outdoors.
- What is your biggest obsession? I’d have to say my biggest obsession right now is deciding what to do with my life. I have so many interests, that I have trouble narrowing down exactly what I want to do. I’m a little indecisive, so I spend a lot of time researching/thinking about this.
- Are you a sweet or savory? Savoury!
- What is your favourite book genre? I like fantasy dramas the best. I guess that’s kind of two, but its the best when they’re together. Is that allowed?
- How would you describe yourself? Open-minded, perfectionist, indecisive, creative. I can be shy at first, but I can find things in common with almost anyone, and the shyness slips away.
- How would you describe your look? Hmm, that’s difficult. All over the place. I like trying new things, so one day I may go very subdued with my makeup and clothing, and other days its full of colour and maybe a little dramatic, haha.
- What is your favourite color? Purple.
11 Random Facts
- I love science. I think its fascinating, and I love studying biology in university.
- I don’t believe in the ‘cat-person/dog-person’ stereotype. I think that you can appreciate all animals equally.
- I can be quite stubborn if I believe that I am standing up for something important.
- I have very curly hair that can be unruly at times.
- My brother got me hooked on video games very early in life. My favourites are MMORPG and FPS games. Action adventure games are good too. I’m absolutely terrible at RTS games. I have played World of Warcraft for seven years and still play.
- Snickers is my favourite cure for a sweet tooth. I’ve made 2 AM runs to the corner store just to get one.
- I have had flamingo pink hair more than once in my life.
- I have an overwhelming urge to remind people that humans are animals when they say something that suggests otherwise.
- I had a small backpack full of lip gloss and lip balm by the time I was 12 years old. Lip product junkie for life.
- In the summer, I drink way too many Iced Capps from Tim Hortons. Way too many. And I’m an annoying person who asks for extra cream, because I find that if I don’t, I get about 3/4 through it and it ends up just being ice, and then I can’t finish it. I want to finish it!
- I feel like I am on a neverending hunt for the perfect flats that won’t hurt my heels.
Madeleine from Madfashionhouse
Aislinn B from A Beauty Moment
Crystal from Everything Beauty
Kristen from Canvas Bag Kris
Mariana from Purple Said
Becky from Beauty and the B.
Irna from I Talk Pretty Things
Megan from Maybe its Megan Leigh
Jasmine and Angela from The Happy Sloths
Des from Simple Charm Beauty
Roxanne from LollyLou
I always enjoy reading these beautiful ladies’ blogs, and you should check them out! I’m sure you’ll love them, too. 🙂
My Questions for You!
- What do you love to learn about?
- What is your favourite beauty product at the moment?
- What is the your comfort food?
- Neutrals or bright colours?
- Do you remember the moment when you decided to start a blog? What inspired you?
- Do you like scary movies?
- If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- What did you want to be as a child?
- If you could experience any one thing in your lifetime, what would it be and who would it be with?
- If you could only style your hair or only do your makeup, but not both, for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
That turned into quite a long post! Thanks again Stephanie for nominating me, it was so sweet of you 🙂
xox The Beauty Bard ♥
Follow me on: